If you are one of the luckiest guy who got their hands on the new iPhone 5 and wondering how to transfer your old iPhone data to the new iPhone, follow the simple steps below for transferring data safely to your new iPhone.
Using this process you will be able to transfer your messages, email accounts, photos, notes, and other personal settings to your new iPhone.
How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone 5 Using iTunes
1. Update your old iPhone to iOS 6 to avoid any compatibility issues while transferring data.
2. Download and install latest version of iTunes, you can download it from Apple’s website or via Software Update option.
3. Take backup of your old iPhone data.
4. On completion of backup process, switch off your old iPhone and turn on iPhone 5. Note: Now don’t use your old iPhone because it will create conflicts with backups in iCloud.
5. Now follow the instructions that appears on your screen to complete the setup, select language, country, enable/disable location services and choose your Wi-Fi network.
6. When you are prompted to set up, choose “Restore from iTunes Backup” tap next and enter your Apple Username and Password.
7. Connect iPhone 5 to iTunes. iTunes will ask you to setup as new or to restore from backup. Select your old iDevice backup and Continue. Restoring backup is a time consuming process and depends on the size of data and speed of your internet connection.
8. On completion of restore process, iPhone 5 will restart and will be ready for use. Let your device remained connected with iTunes to sync data that was not in the backup i.e. Music, Videos, Apps etc.
9. You need to enter your Apple ID, email, other accounts, passwords and voice mail again.
That’s it you have successfully transferred data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone 5.
You may also like this: