Which operating system is best? Android or iOS? From which fan club do you belong? Fans of both operating systems are always ready to debate on this hot topic, and no one ever accept the superiority of the other OS. The fact is that there are many people who switch from one OS to another. You might find a number of people who are ready to switch from Android to iOS, and vice versa.
People who want to start using an iPhone instead of Android, think that it is a difficult process, but the fact is, it is not. The process of transferring data from Android to an iPhone is an easy one, but you have to be very attentive while doing it. Here we would guide you, how you can transfer data from your Android smartphone to an iPhone without any difficulty.
Things you have to do
- Make backup of your data.
- Copy all your contacts, photos, and videos somewhere on your PC or Mac.
- Transfer your photos, audios, and videos to your iPhone
- Transfer all your contacts on iPhone.
Make Backup of your Data
It is the easiest thing to make a backup on your Android phone. It is an easy and simple process.
- Connect you Android phone to your computer.
- Copy all you contacts, photos, audios, videos, and other data to your PC or Mac.
- In the contacts app of your Android phone, you have an option of exporting contacts from phone to your SIM card. Usually these are the contact that are saved on your smartphone. Once you copied all your contacts to SIM, you just have to copy .vcf file to your computer.
Transfer your Photos to an iPhone
Transferring of your photos to your iPhone is also a simple process.
- On your PC/Mac, open Apple iTunes.
- With the help of a USB cable, connect your iPhone to your PC/Mac.
- From the sidebar, or top right of iTunes, select your iPhone that is detected by iTunes.
- Here you have to choose the tab of photos, and from the drop down menu, choose the folders that you want to sync.
- If you want to choose any other parameters, select them and click on Apply. Sync would start and your photos would be transferred.
- The thing that you should remember is that you have to place all the photos that you want to be transferred in one folder, because sync would remove all other photos from iPhone that would not be present in the folder that has been synced.
Transfer Other Media to an iPhone
To transfer your audio, or videos, you have to choose the tabs audio and videos after you connect your iPhone to your PC/Mac, and open iTunes. Rest of the procedure is same.
Transfer Contacts to iPhone
You can transfer your contacts to your iPhone by following these steps:
- Set up your email on your new handset, which is an iPhone.
- Now, from your PC/Mac, send the .vcf file that you have copied previously from Android, as an attachment to your own email address.
- Open your email from iPhone and tap on the .vcf file.
You’ll be given an option to import all your contacts to your iPhones, opt it, and you are done.