iOS 6.0.1 is out and everyone was anxiously waiting for jailbreak, glad to announce that new version of iOS can be successfully jailbroken using the jailbreak tool Redsn0w.
Recently Dev Team released an update of the jailbreak tool Redsn0w version 0.9.15b3, this update doesn’t include support for iOS 6 yet, but you can still jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4th generation using the previous version of Redsn0w.
Note: This is tethered jailbreak for A-4 or lower devices only.
- Redsn0w 0.9.15b3
- A4 or lower devices
- iOS 6 for your device
Follow the steps below to jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 on A4 or lower devices.
1. Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and iOS 6 for your device from below links:
2. Connect your iDevice to PC or Mac and place it in DFU mode.
3. From the main menu of Redsn0w click on Extras.
4. Select IPSW and then select iOS 6 file stored in your system for your iOS device.
5. Go to main menu of Redsn0w application and click Jailbreak button, a process will start.
6. From the next menu select Install Cydia and click Next, jailbreak process will start.
7. On completion of jailbreak process you will be back on your iDevice lock screen.
8. Again place your iOS device in DFU mode.
9. From the main page of Redsn0w click on Extras button and then click Just Boot. This will perform a tethered boot on your device, once it’s done your device will reboot with a bitten pineapple logo.
10. Once device will reboot, you’ll have Cydia icon on your Home Screen.
That’s it! You have successfully jailbroken your iOS device and install Cydia.