The second hand market for the iPhone is always active, but often it can happen that the devices purchased abroad are factory locked. For some models and versions, making the Jailbreak and following some procedures you can unlock your phone and make it usable with all networks, but in such case restoring and updating your iPhone is not possible till its unlock is not available. Today, there is a way to easily find out if a phone is factory locked or not.
Here are some simple steps to check if an iPhone is locked or unlocked:
1. On Home Screen of your iPhone tap Settings.
2. Tap General and then tap About, here you will find your IMEI number.
3. Visit IMEI.info, enter your IMEI number in the search field and click check.
4. At bottom of the page there’s an option “free simlock status check” click it.
5. The website will check your IMEI in its database and will tell you whether your iPhone is unlocked or not as well as the its warranty status.
The whole process only takes few seconds.